PMP Certification Cost, A Project Manager Professional (PMP) is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of all aspects of a project. A Project Manager Professional (PMP) is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of all aspects of a project from implementation through closure. Becoming PMP certified demonstrates your commitment to the Project Management Profession and ensures a company that you possess the essential skills, experience and knowledge to successfully complete projects. This is becoming an increased requirement on resumes, companies want to make sure that you can complete projects. This certification lays the foundation for that and in the process confirms that you have you worked on enough projects to become certifiable.
PMP Certification Cost: What are the Eligibility Requirements for PMP certification?
Prior to application, you must have accrued Project Management experience within the last eight (8) consecutive years.
Must have a secondary degree or equivalent, five (5) years non-overlapping PPM experience during which you lead and directed a project a minimum of 7,500 hours.
Must have a four year bachelor degree or equivalent, three (3) non-overlapping PPM experience during which you lead or directed a project a minimum of 4,500 hours.
Formal education of 35 contact hours.
PMP Certification Cost: What kind of a commitment does obtaining a PMP certification entail?
It takes approximately 100 days for the application process (depending on how fast you turn around the required documents.) Application may be submitted using the online certification system. Once the credential fee payment has been made and your application is approved, you have one (1) year from the application approval date to pass a multiple choice exam. The exam may be taken up to three (3) times during the year. Once you pass the exam and have been issued the certification, your certification cycle begins. The PMP certification is renewable every three (3) years. Before PMP certification renewal can begin, you must complete 60 PDUs and submit payment for the renewal fees. Should you fail to complete the required PDUs, your certification is suspended for up to one year to allow you time to complete the PDUs. The suspension period begins on the third anniversary of the date on which you successfully completed the exam. If at the end of the one (1) year suspension period you have not completed the PDUs, your certification will expire. Re-certification for expired credentials may be obtained by submitting another application.
PMP Certification Cost: What are the different PMI Certifications?
There are six types of certifications:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® – this certification is good for entry level
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® globally-recognized credential for project managers
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)® for the Program Management Profession who wants to achieve strategic and organizational results through management of multiple, complex projects
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM for those who utilize an agile approach on projects.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® is a credential that specializes in the ability to capitalize on opportunities, mitigate threats and assess project risks
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)® is a credential that specializes on developing and maintaining project schedules
PMP Certification Cost:
New Member test fee for computer based testing is $555. A discount is provided for recertification members, exam re-takes. There is no limit on the number of certifications you can apply for. The only requirement would be whether or not you possess the necessary qualifications. This concludes PMP Certification Cost.